Every year I feel like Christmas comes out of nowhere! Since I very strongly fear malls, I prefer not to buy things people don’t need, and my timing is terrible, I have gotten pretty good at last-minute homemade gift ideas.
Here are some of my favorites:
1. Cookies. Best “wrapped” in a cute jar or on a nice plate the recipient can reuse.
5. A favorite, freezer-friendly meal. It’s hard to beat the thoughtfulness and enjoyment that comes from being able to heat up a quick, lovingly made meal in a pinch.
6. Candles. I made these last year and they were a big hit. I like unscented best, and they burn really well in a smaller jar.
7. Knit or crochet a scarf. The closer it is to Christmas, the bigger the needle/hook to finish in time.
9. A heat pack. Shamelessly on my wish-list for this year.
11. Origami ornaments. I’m tempted to attempt to make these for myself… even though I don’t have a tree.
12. A modern tote.
13. Clever art! I wish I was this crafty.
14. An iPad stand. Gorgeous.