There are days when I terrify my roommates in my search for something to eat. When I am hungry, I have no patience and I must eat at that very moment. I like this recipe because it’s incredibly easy and it’s ready in minutes. When I am really in a hurry I use brown rice I have frozen or quinoa because it cooks quickly.
1 cup vegetable stock
8 tablespoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons white wine, or vegetable stock
1 and 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon ginger
2-6 cloves of garlic, depending on taste
4-8 cups of vegetables of your choice
1 package firm tofu
1. Heat up the pan and oil (I like to use coconut oil)
2. Saute your vegetables, starting with the ones that take the longest to cook and slowly adding in the rest.
3. Add the ginger and garlic.
4. Saute until the vegetables are nearly cooked through.
5. Whisk together the vegetable sauce, soy sauce, white wine, and cornstarch. Add to pan.
6. Continue cooking over medium heat until the sauce thickens and the vegetables are cooked through.
I believe in treading lightly on the Earth and my feet. I hope to inspire and support you on your journey to live a natural, sustainable life.
All images and copy are original to Treading Lightly unless otherwise credited. Please be respectful when using material from this site and link back. I am not a doctor or a trainer – all of the content on Treading Lightly is my opinion and experience.